Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Cookie Monster


 Kinder:


Cookie Monster and the Cookie Tree

I read Kinder students a book about sharing. This book, by the way, was published a year before I was  born (1977). The kids were impressed I was reading a story to them that I had when I was a kid. And yes, I read to them the ACTUAL book I had as a kid, thus why it is taped as the binding was falling apart! The best things sometimes are the older things in life! 

After reading this story (a good lesson AND very funny), kinder students drew a cookie monster. Some of them drew the cookie tree and added some more cookies. These are very cute and some are quite humorous to! It was a good way to end this awesome year of teaching kinder students! And yes, you can still buy this book on Amazon..I highly recommend!




Sharing and Caring!

I actually did NOT show them this page (the ending page) as cookie monster gets a little too selfish again!

This is a great illustration to show students what they look like when they get really mad! (what not to do!!..no threatening..do not have a quick temper...



 
This cookie monster is very cheery!

Love the details! This cookie monster has a lot of cookies to eat!


This cookie monster wins for eating the most cookies!


Nice Job!

Add caption
A students asked me if she could make her cookie monster a "girl". I said, "sure"! Hence, the eyelashes!
A cookie monster with teeth (to chew his cookies of course!)
A tree with rainbow cookies!

This is one awesome cookie monster..he is sharing cookies with his little brother cookie monster? Or little cousin?...I think it's very cool!









No comments:

Post a Comment